Monday, October 20, 2008

WE WENT SKYDIVING!!





I still can't believe we did this!! But yes, we did it!! It was the most incredible experience ever and I would do it again in a second! We went on Labor Day of last year in Monterey Bay, CA. This was actually my Christmas present from Micah from the previous Christmas - Skydiving has always been a dream of mine. We jumped from 15,000 ft. where we free-fell for 10,000 of it in the first minute and then floated to the ground the final 5,000, which only took about 10 minutes. I loved every second of it, and it actually wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be! We had the whole thing video-taped, so if you would like to watch our little five minute video of our skydiving adventure then please do! Just click on the link below and it will take you to YouTube where you'll need to click on the video which says: "Our skydiving video from Labor Day 2007." Thanks for checking it out and if anyone ever wants to go then give us a call and we're so there!!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

8 comments:

Katie said...

MICAH!!
My long, lost cousin...brother...friend...what are you anyway?? :) I haven't seen you since my sealing--I was so shocked when I saw you sitting in the corner. What a surprise! Then you disappeared so I never really got to talk to you! I am overjoyed to see that you have a blog and that you are doing well in California! I will have to tell my family about it...they'd love to see what you are up to also. We miss you every Thanksgiving. It's just not the same without you and Jakey. Anyway, glad to see you guys are doing well.
-Katie (Rau) Holley
www.holleynews.blogspot.com

Katie said...

PS Did you know that Mike got married in January and is going to be a Daddy in February! My little brother is all grown up!

Amy said...

Wassup Micah & Aubree! So fun to see you blogging. Congrats on the four years! And yeah for skydiving. That is so awesome. David and I went and watched Ryan's step-mom, Kay, and her dad do it last month and we are thinking of doing it next summer. Things are great here. I need to update our blog, but you can check it out to see what we have been up to. akporters.blogspot.com
David is out of town for a few weeks, so I'm hoping to update it soon. We need a vacation with some sun, so maybe we'll check out California and visit you guys. David has his CPA now. He's so glad to have that done. I'll let him know you are blogging now.
lots of love,
the Porters (Amy & David)

Kim said...

Aubs
Thanks for the text I was feeling a little sad I didn't know if I was going to hear from you! I'm so glad that your going to do the blogging thing. I love to see picture and see how things are going! n e way it looks like you guys are doing well,and my e-mail you asked for is (kbflyhair@hotmail.com) I know the dumbest address ever! If you would leave your e-mail on my blog that would be great! Talk to you soon!!=) Kim

Jake said...

Right on! That looks like so much fun. I think I could talk Annie into doing it. Now we just have to round up some wing suits!

J&J said...

Yay for blogs!! It's about time you got one!

Kim said...

It's time for an update! Not that i'm a great example but... what can I say. I see that Jace is now a daddy! You should come vist =)I need you to e-mail me with your phone # I can't find it, and I dont think your grandma wants another phone call from me. Talk to you later. Hopefully sooner than later!! =)

Unknown said...

Aubree, you don't even have the scary flappy skin that most have when they skydive!