Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Wow! I can't believe that it is already 2009!! Crazy! Time really flies when you're having fun, I guess! Well, we wanted to wish you all a very happy new year and hope that your holidays were special. Can't believe they've already come and gone too! We spent Christmas and New Year's with my family in Springville, UT at my grandparent's house and it was wonderful! So, for a quick re-cap... my amazing hubby surprised me with my Christmas present by taking me to see "THE Phantom of the Opera" in San Francisco and it was incredible! There aren't even words to describe it!! I have ALWAYS wanted to see it, so needless to say, I was in awe the whole time! In turn, I gave Micah golfing lessons for his Christmas gift since he has always wanted to really learn how to play, so he was excited about that, I hope.














We finally got the chance to meet my new little nephew, Ethan Tyler Johnson, my brother Jace's new baby boy. He is so dang cute! We absolutely ate him up!! Particularly my mom! Poor Jace and Jill, they hardly saw him the whole time we were there since we all took turns holding him and taking care of him. It was so much fun! Talk about being baby hungry! They are a darling little family! Thanks Jill for being so generous with your little angel, you were so great!!



So, this silly picture of my husband and three brothers in matching pajamas is to give you a small idea of how quarky my family is at Christmas! I love it! In our family we have a Christmas Eve tradition of opening one gift and it is always new pajamas and this year my mom gave all the boys identical "Grinch" pajamas! It was hilarious! I'm sure they weren't too thrilled with the idea, especially my husband, but they're good sports and went along with it anyway. Don't they look so intimidating?!! We had a lot of fun, what can I say!?! We also played tons of games (we love pictionary), watched lots of movies, ate way too much, went snowboarding, ate some more, and lovingly passed around the flu! With 16 people staying in one house, it was bound to happen!

After New Year's Micah and I accompanied my family in taking Jantz up to his first semester of college at BYU-Idaho. It was so fun to go back and visit good old Rexburg! We couldn't believe all the changes! Best of all I was able to get together with my old girlfriends from high school - Skye, Kim, and Rainey! It was so much fun and so nice to catch up! It helped me to realize how precious friendships really are. Thanks for such a great time girls!













Well, we're now looking ahead to 2009 with high hopes and great determination to make it better than 2008! Lets resolve to continue to keep in touch! Happy 2009!


5 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Ok, next time you guys are 5 minutes from us (we live in Mapleton, UT) you have to come say hi!!! Glad you had a good holiday season!

Ashley and Dave said...

You are still as beautiful as ever and I cant believe how old and big your brothers are....holy crap! Crazy! We were in Jace and Jill's ward for a little bit last year, which was fun. Hope everything is going great for you in California!

Skye said...

So...your husband should come golf with my husband.