Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So, for a quick recap of the past couple months, wow, I can't believe it's been that long already...n e way... January was pretty mellow so nothing new there... February, however, was quite eventful with Valentine's Day and... I GOT IN A CAR ACCIDENT AND TOTALED OUR CAR!! OOPS!!... BIG OOPS!! Yep, you heard me, on February 5th I got in my very first car accident ever! and it was so scary - the airbags went off and everything. Unfortunately, it was my fault b/c I pulled out in front of a guy, who in my opinion was speeding, that I totally did NOT see coming - he literally came out of nowhere. He was going so fast that he didn't have time to stop or slow down really! Luckily, I wasn't hurt! I think I got a little bit of whiplash and a couple bruises but other than that I was fine! The most embarrassing part was that it was early in the morning and I was dropping Micah off at the train station (he takes a commuter train to work sometimes) and I was still in my pajamas, no bra!, no makeup, hair in a messy ponytail, you name it! Yeah, embarrassing! Police had to come and then they had to tow my car home b/c it was so damaged! The surprising thing was that I totally held it together... until I got home... and then I completely lost it... and then... I had to call Micah to tell him the great news that I had just completely destroyed our ONLY car!... Of course, he was so sweet and understanding and didn't care about the car - he was just glad that I was OK. I love him so much, I married that most amazing guy in the world!! All in all, I was very lucky and we ended up donating the car to a charity and purchasing a new one, well, new to us. We just bought a used black, Honda Accord that we now love! I'll post some pictures of it soon.



On a lighter note, our Valentine's Day was wonderful! My amazing hubby surprised me by getting the day off of work for me, which is the sweetest thing ever, since I normally have to work every Saturday, bummer - I know! So he gave me a dozen pink roses and told me that we would get to spend the day together! So I made him/us a big V-Day breakfast with heart-shaped pancakes and eggs and gave him a giant heart-shaped cookie and home-made card that I had made the previous day. He then surprised me with us going to get professional massages! which were so wonderful, especially after being in that dumb car accident!! Afterward, we went to lunch and did some shopping and then that night he took me to my favorite restaurant in the whole world that has the most killer bread pudding for dessert! We ate ourselves sick!! It was so great! After that, he was planning on taking me dancing but we were both so full that we literally couldn't move, let alone dance! So we rented some movies and went home and cuddled on the couch. It was seriously, the best Valentine's Day I've ever had! I felt very loved and special, what more could a girl ask for?!! Sorry girls, I married the most amazing man ever!! I feel so lucky!!




Well, I hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day tomorrow! I'll try my best to update this thing more often. I just don't feel like I have a very exciting life or cute kids to blog about like most of you do, but I'll still do my best! Until next time!... TTFN!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the accident! And glad you were ok! I't sounds like you guys had a great "v" day together. It was good to see your doing good. Just wondering if you have been looking for a new job? How is all that going? Give me a call some time.=)

Josh and Krystal said...

Aubree- I found you off of Kim's blog. I hope you don't mind....too bad about the car accident. Scary! I am glad you guys are doing well. I haven't seen you forever! Stay in touch.

Joni Riley said...

Aub, I hate car accidents and if I could I would take the whole thing away. But it sounds like Micah has done a wonderful job of that. We need to talk to do still have Mondays off?